Dental Oral Exams
Our office prides itself in our attentiveness and thoroughness during your dental examination. You should expect the following during your appointment:
- Evaluation of your medical health as well as dental health
- Notation of any allergies, medicine lists as well as any medical procedures which would require that an antibiotic be taken prior to your dental appointments. We follow the recommendations of the American Medical Association regarding the need for premedication with antibiotics prior to dental procedures.
- Acknowledge any dental concerns or questions that you may have
- Perform a dental cancer examination. This exam is a thorough search for any signs of oral cancer. This includes an evaluation of the tongue, gums, lips, roof and floor of the mouth as well as tonsillar region. In the event that there is an area of concern, an intraoral photo will be taken and the proper referral made if necessary.
- Radiographic as well as oral exam to determine if cavities are present, periodontal or gum disease evident.
- Evaluate the need for tooth restoration.
- We very aggressively monitor periodontal or gum disease. This disease is one of the slower dental processes, but also one of the hardest to treat once you have acquired it. Our hygienists monitor the gum pockets around your teeth as well as any gingival recession very closely at every dental visit. More info under teeth cleanings.
- Evaluate TMJ
- Recognize any tartar, calculus deposits as well as stain
- Instruct patient on proper at-home techniques
- Determine the proper number of radiographs necessary for your appointment to fully assess your teeth
Our professional dental staff is available to answer any questions that you may have regarding your teeth, medical condition and medicine interactions with your mouth and teeth. We also can provide assistance with xerostomia (dry mouth) issues.
Monday – Thursday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM